qemu-devel

QMP and the 'id' parameter

From: John Snow
Subject: QMP and the 'id' parameter
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 20:47:45 -0500

The QMP specification states:

> NOTE: Some errors can occur before the Server is able to read the "id"
> member, in these cases the "id" member will not be part of the error
> response, even if provided by the client.

I am assuming this case ONLY occurs for Parse errors:

{'class': 'GenericError', 'desc': 'JSON parse error, expecting value'}

And I am assuming, in the context of a client that /always/ sets an 'id' for its execute statements, that this means that any error response we receive without an 'id' field *must* be associated with the most-recently-sent command.

Correct?

--js