qemu-devel

Re: virtio-9p-test.c:300:v9fs_req_recv: assertion failed (hdr.id == id):

From: Christian Schoenebeck
Subject: Re: virtio-9p-test.c:300:v9fs_req_recv: assertion failed (hdr.id == id): (7 == 73)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 14:37:39 +0100

On Dienstag, 24. November 2020 14:25:17 CET Cole Robinson wrote:
> On 11/23/20 2:45 PM, Christian Schoenebeck wrote:

> >> Yeah, looks like the mkdir() call which is supposed to create the 9p test
> >> directory, is failing there for some reason. The question is how to find
> >> that out (effectively) without having access to an affected system.
> >>
> >> It's now too late for 5.2, but I think for 6.0 it would make sense
> >> introducing a dedicated 9p option loglevel=..., so we can tell people to
> >> enable this to capture the precise source location where an error
> >> ocurred.
> >> That would mean spreading a huge bunch of macros all over the 9p code
> >> base,
> >> but it would definitely help a lot understanding the root cause of
> >> reported
> >> issues in an efficient way.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Christian Schoenebeck
> >
> > Cole, does the affected host system probably not have xattrs enabled on
> > its
> > file system?
>
> Hmm I'm not sure, I will try to investigate.
>
> google tells me David Gilbert also hit this too earlier:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/qemu-devel@nongnu.org/msg754556.html
>
> Maybe he remembers details of his setup, CC'd
>
> - Cole

No, that was a different issue David had, that's already fixed in git
by SHA-1 136b7af2277. You also see that he got a different error. Many people
were affected by that issue a month ago.

However the issue you reported did not occur on other systems so far,
including many CI platforms out there. At least I haven't seen any other
similar report.

What's the host file system used? ZFS?

Best regards,
Christian Schoenebeck