qemu-devel

Re: [RFC] ich9:cpuhp: add support for cpu hot-unplug with SMI broadcast

From: Ankur Arora
Subject: Re: [RFC] ich9:cpuhp: add support for cpu hot-unplug with SMI broadcast enabled
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 11:45:59 -0800

On 2020-11-30 8:58 a.m., Laszlo Ersek wrote:
On 11/28/20 00:48, Ankur Arora wrote:

It is possible that there are CPUs with bits for both is_inserting and
is_removing. In that case QemuCpuhpCollectApicIds() would put them in the
PluggedApicIds array and the unplug eventually happens in the next
firmware invocation.

If a CPU has both is_inserting and fw_remove set, the firmware processes
the
hotplug in that invocation and the unplug happens whenever the OSPM
triggers
the firmware next.

If these corner cases will actually work (I'm somewhat doubtful), that
will be really great.

Heh, yeah. That's a big if. I'll see if I can hit it in my testing.

Thanks
Ankur