qemu-devel

Re: Detecting Faulting Instructions From Plugins

From: Aaron Lindsay
Subject: Re: Detecting Faulting Instructions From Plugins
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 13:55:32 -0500

On Jan 29 22:23, Aaron Lindsay wrote:
> 1. Is this considered a bug or a "feature"?
> 2.a. If a bug, is there a good way to detect this from inside the
>        tcg/plugin infrastructure and avoid calling the callback for the
>        faulting execution of the instruction?
> 2.b. If a "feature", is there a good way to detect this from my plugin?

I think I've convinced myself the current behavior *is* a "feature", and
working as intended since the instruction can be considered
architecturally committed, even if it faults (ARM statement). But I am
still unsure of the best way to detect whether a load/store instruction
has faulted from within the plugin interface, so I welcome thoughts
there.

-Aaron