qemu-devel

Re: gitlab containers are broken

From: Richard Henderson
Subject: Re: gitlab containers are broken
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 20:27:18 -1000

On 2/3/21 8:03 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:
> On 04/02/2021 00.04, Richard Henderson wrote:
>> Something has gone wrong with the building of the containers
>> in gitlab, because *all* off them are installing Alpine Linux.
>>
>> https://gitlab.com/rth7680/qemu/-/jobs/1006336396#L155
>
> I think that's ok ... the output about alpine that you see there is just the
> output from the container that builds the final container. Later you can see
> some "yum install" lines in that output, too, that's where the CentOS
> container
> gets build. And the final compilation job runs on CentOS, too:
>
>  https://gitlab.com/rth7680/qemu/-/jobs/1006336699#L35
>
> (look for the string "Red Hat" there)

Hmm.  Is there any way to get the full output of the container build?  At
present it's being truncated:

#7 [4/5] RUN yum install -y bzip2     bzip2-devel     ccache     csnappy-de...

In particular, I'm trying to add a new test, and I have added libffi-devel.i686
to the fedora-i386-cross.docker file, but then the actual build fails because
the libffi header file is missing.

I know you may need the actual patch to comment, but pointers to how to debug
this sort of failure are welcome.

r~