qemu-devel

Re: [PULL v3 00/27] Block patches

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: [PULL v3 00/27] Block patches
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 21:29:11 +0000

Jag Raman <jag.raman@oracle.com> writes:

>> On Feb 8, 2021, at 5:02 AM, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <philmd@redhat.com> wrote:

<snip>

>>> Hi Elena and Jag,
>>> Please take a look at this QOM failure. I guess remote-pcihost is being
>>> built but pcie-host-bridge is missing from the s390x-softmmu target.
>
> Hi All,
>
> Thank you for letting us know about this build issue! We are working on
> resolving it.
>
> We would like to ensure that the next version we send doesn’t cause too many
> problems like this. Should the Travis/GitLab CI have caught this problem?
>
> We ran the following tests before sending the patches out for review:
> - “make docker”

On it's own it won't do much. You could go with:

  make docker-test-build@debian-s390-cross

You can't run make check for most cross builds but you can at least run
the builds themselves:

  make docker-test-build

should run the test build on all capable images. docker-all-tests should
be all possible tests.

> - Travis CI (will use GitLab going forward)
> - Tests in the “tests/acceptance” folder.
>
> Is there any other tests we could run before sending the next
> revision?

Manually running: make check-block

--
Alex Bennée