qemu-devel

Re: KVM Guest

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: KVM Guest
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 20:24:27 +0100

Hi Thomas,

On 2/9/21 2:32 AM, Huacai Chen wrote:
> I think it can be removed.
>
> Huacai
>
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 12:40 AM Jiaxun Yang <jiaxun.yang@flygoat.com> wrote:

>>> hmm, so it looks broken, is unmaintained, how about removing it ?
>>
>> Probably. I got remote access of a CoreLV malta but no luck to boot kernel
>> as well.
>>
>> + Huacai as KVM/MIPS Maintainer.
>> + Philippe as QEMU/MIPS Maintainer.
>> + qemu-devel for wider audience.
>>
>> If nobody intended to maintain it probably it's time to remove it.

For QEMU the situation is:

commit 1fa639e5618029e944ac68d27e32a99dcb85a349
Author: James Hogan <jhogan@kernel.org>
Date:   Sat Dec 21 15:53:06 2019 +0000

    MAINTAINERS: Orphan MIPS KVM CPUs

    I haven't been active for 18 months, and don't have the hardware
    set up to test KVM for MIPS, so mark it as orphaned and remove
    myself as maintainer. Hopefully somebody from MIPS can pick this
    up.

commit 15d983dee95edff1dc4c0bed71ce02fff877e766