qemu-devel

Weird behavior in cortex-A7 when disabling/enabling IRQ in ISR

From: Annie Haramad
Subject: Weird behavior in cortex-A7 when disabling/enabling IRQ in ISR
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 17:24:02 +0200

Hey, I have been running bare metal program on "mcimx7d-sabre" and I have a weird behavior that doesn't occur on a real hardware or at least I can't reproduce it on real hardware.

I'm running a basic program that registers interrupt for serial, and then running in an infinite loop that formatting a string with vsnprintf, in the ISR I have disabled IRQ Interrupts (CPSID I) handled the interrupt and enabled IRQ Interrupts (CPISE I). After a while a data abort happens in the strlen with arg pointer as NULL that called in vsnprintf. When I run the same code but without the disable/enable IRQ everything works fine. You have any idea why does it happen?