qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 5/5] m68k: add Virtual M68k Machine

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: [PULL 5/5] m68k: add Virtual M68k Machine
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 07:32:41 +0100

On 18/03/2021 18.28, Max Reitz wrote:
[...]
From that it follows that I don’t see much use in testing specific devices either.  Say there’s a platform that provides both virtio-pci and virtio-mmio, the default (say virtio-pci) is fine for the iotests. I see little value in testing virtio-mmio as well.  (Perhaps I’m short-sighted, though.)

That's a fair point. But still, if someone compiled QEMU only with a target that only provided virtio-mmio, the iotests should not fail when running "make check". To avoid that we continue playing whack-a-mole here in the future, maybe it would be better to restrict the iotests to the "main" targets only, e.g. modify check-block.sh so that the tests only run with x86, aarch64, s390x and ppc64 ?

 Thomas