qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 5/5] m68k: add Virtual M68k Machine

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [PULL 5/5] m68k: add Virtual M68k Machine
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 12:08:38 +0100

On 19/03/21 11:51, Laurent Vivier wrote:
It would also make the patches that Laurent sent this morning unnecessary, and
avoid the use of
aliases in the tests (so that it's clear what is tested).

We don't test the virtio frontend, but the blockdev backend, so we don't care
what we use here.

Sort of, see for example the iothreads which, with your patch, would not be covered anymore on s390.

Aliases simplify the code...

Aliases are not deprecated but... let's say despised, because of the special casing they add. But yes, the code simplification from your patch is hard to brush away.

So I agree, since you have already mostly written the patches let's just complete them.

Paolo