qemu-devel

Re: gitlab-ci: Only build /staging branch?

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: gitlab-ci: Only build /staging branch?
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 12:05:32 +0100

On 25/03/21 11:34, Peter Maydell wrote:
It needs to be faster. Mostly I do check the gitlab CI pipeline
status, but in the run-up to getting rc0 out I stopped waiting
for the gitlab CI job to finish, because I was continually finding
that I kicked off a run, my local build-tests would complete within
an hour or so, and the gitlab CI jobs were still pending, barely
started, etc. Turnaround on testing a merge must be 90 minutes or
less, especially during release periods, because there are always
a huge number of merges that arrive for me to test in the last
couple of days before freeze.

Perhaps we could script it so that if the pipeline passes the merge to master is done automatically.

Paolo