qemu-devel

Re: any remaining for-6.0 issues?

From: Bin Meng
Subject: Re: any remaining for-6.0 issues?
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 20:57:19 +0800

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 5:35 PM Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 at 09:31, Bin Meng <bmeng.cn@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Stefan,
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 2:19 PM Stefan Weil <sw@weilnetz.de> wrote:
> > > That patch is based on an older version of my personal QEMU sources and
> > > not required for 6.0.
> >
> > I am confused.
> >
> > I see https://repo.or.cz/qemu/ar7.git/blob/HEAD:/qemu.nsi still does
> > not contain the fix.
> >
> > Or is this qemu.nsi file not used in the latest 6.0 installer?
>
> In any case, that is a branch, and so any issues in it are not relevant
> to 6.0 unless they are also a problem for QEMU master itself.

That's why I mentioned in the patch notes, that I was not aware of the
Windows installer patch process.

The QEMU Windows binary download page [1] says:

> The installers are generated from my latest QEMU sources and updated
> frequently. See the build instructions for details.

which refers to Stefan's repo.

If this is no longer true, which means QEMU Windows binaries are built
from the mainline, please update the page to avoid further confusion.

[1] https://qemu.weilnetz.de/w64/

Regards,
Bin