qemu-devel

latest GOOD state of series i386 cleanup, arm cleanup, s390 cleanup

From: Claudio Fontana
Subject: latest GOOD state of series i386 cleanup, arm cleanup, s390 cleanup
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 11:53:03 +0200

Hello all,

due to my inactivity for a few weeks coupled likely with the upstream processes
around qemu-6.0 now the series:

1) i386 cleanup
2) arm cleanup and experimental kvm-only build
3) s390 cleanup

have become stale and hard to rebase on latest master.
This effect is compounded by the fact that lots of broken tests in master have
been added.

In the interest of not losing work,
I provide here the latest known good state of these series:

For the i386 cleanup:
https://gitlab.com/hw-claudio/qemu/-/pipelines/293603386

Tests started breaking horribly since about 1/2 weeks.
The latest version of the cleanup is reachable here:

https://github.com/qemu/qemu.git branch "i386_cleanup_9"

In my understanding, Paolo has now picked up this one.

For the ARM cleanup and experimental kvm-only build:

https://gitlab.com/hw-claudio/qemu/-/pipelines/293603376

https://github.com/qemu/qemu.git branch "arm_cleanup_v15"

Again here tests started misbehaving in the same timeframe.

The state of ARM cleanup is still experimental, maybe Liang or Philippe you can
adopt this one?

For the s390x cleanup:

https://gitlab.com/hw-claudio/qemu/-/pipelines/293603379

https://github.com/qemu/qemu.git branch "s390_cleanup_v1"

Al, can you take this one to the finish line?

Thanks,

Claudio
--
Claudio Fontana
Engineering Manager Virtualization, SUSE Labs Core

SUSE Software Solutions Italy Srl