qemu-devel

Re: [RFC] GitLab issue tracker labeling process: arch/target, os, and ac

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [RFC] GitLab issue tracker labeling process: arch/target, os, and accel labels
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 19:42:44 +0200

Am 14.06.21 um 19:32 schrieb John Snow:

RTH raises the issue of the "TCI" subsystem of TCG, which is not a full accelerator in its own right, but (I think) a special case of TCG. If I keep the 1:1 mapping to ACCEL_CLASS_NAME, "accel: TCI" is inappropriate.

Some suggestions:
- "TCI" by itself, simple enough.
- "TCG-TCI" or "TCG: TCI" or "TCG/TCI" or similar, so that it shows up in label search when you search for 'tcg'.
- "accel: TCG:TCI". Similar to above but uses the "accel:" prefix too.

My only concern here is completeness of the label: this one seems like it's at particular risk of being forgotten or lost. It works perfectly well as an organizational bucket for people working on TCI, but I wonder if it will work well as an "issue inbox". Intended use begins to matter here. Your thoughts, Stefan?

I appreciate your, Richard's and all other efforts to further improve the label system.

Regarding the label for TCI I have no special personal preferences. The above suggestions are all fine for me, so choose one which fits best to other labels.

Thanks,

Stefan