qemu-devel

Re: [RFC v1 0/1] ui: Add a Wayland backend for Qemu UI

From: no-reply
Subject: Re: [RFC v1 0/1] ui: Add a Wayland backend for Qemu UI
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 21:30:46 -0700 (PDT)

Patchew URL:
20210624041040.1250631-1-vivek.kasireddy@intel.com/">https://patchew.org/QEMU/20210624041040.1250631-1-vivek.kasireddy@intel.com/

Hi,

This series seems to have some coding style problems. See output below for
more information:

Type: series
Subject: [RFC v1 0/1] ui: Add a Wayland backend for Qemu UI

=== TEST SCRIPT BEGIN ===
#!/bin/bash
git rev-parse base > /dev/null || exit 0
git config --local diff.renamelimit 0
git config --local diff.renames True
git config --local diff.algorithm histogram
./scripts/checkpatch.pl --mailback base..
=== TEST SCRIPT END ===

Updating 3c8cf5a9c21ff8782164d1def7f44bd888713384
From https://github.com/patchew-project/qemu
 * [new tag]         patchew/20210624041040.1250631-1-vivek.kasireddy@intel.com
-> patchew/20210624041040.1250631-1-vivek.kasireddy@intel.com
Switched to a new branch 'test'
547ce45 ui: Add a plain Wayland backend for Qemu UI

=== OUTPUT BEGIN ===
WARNING: added, moved or deleted file(s), does MAINTAINERS need updating?
#260:
new file mode 100644

WARNING: line over 80 characters
#266: FILE: ui/wayland.c:2:
+ * Wayland UI -- A simple Qemu UI backend to share buffers with Wayland
compositors

ERROR: use QEMU instead of Qemu or QEmu
#266: FILE: ui/wayland.c:2:
+ * Wayland UI -- A simple Qemu UI backend to share buffers with Wayland
compositors

ERROR: line over 90 characters
#271: FILE: ui/wayland.c:7:
+ * Mostly (boilerplate) based on
cgit.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/tree/clients/simple-dmabuf-egl.c

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#318: FILE: ui/wayland.c:54:
+^I^I^I     uint32_t serial)$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#329: FILE: ui/wayland.c:65:
+^I^I^I      int32_t width, int32_t height,$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#330: FILE: ui/wayland.c:66:
+^I^I^I      struct wl_array *states)$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#459: FILE: ui/wayland.c:195:
+^Ierror_report("Can't find free buffer\n");$

ERROR: Error messages should not contain newlines
#459: FILE: ui/wayland.c:195:

#519: FILE: ui/wayland.c:255:
+^I^I uint32_t format, uint32_t modifier_hi, uint32_t modifier_lo)$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#552: FILE: ui/wayland.c:288:
+^I^I^I                 id, &wl_compositor_interface, 1);$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#554: FILE: ui/wayland.c:290:
+^Id->wm_base = wl_registry_bind(registry,$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#555: FILE: ui/wayland.c:291:
+^I^I^I^I      id, &xdg_wm_base_interface, 1);$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#556: FILE: ui/wayland.c:292:
+^Ixdg_wm_base_add_listener(d->wm_base, &wm_base_listener, d);$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#558: FILE: ui/wayland.c:294:
+^Id->fshell = wl_registry_bind(registry,$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#559: FILE: ui/wayland.c:295:
+^I                             id, &zwp_fullscreen_shell_v1_interface,$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#560: FILE: ui/wayland.c:296:
+^I                             1);$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#562: FILE: ui/wayland.c:298:
+^Id->dmabuf = wl_registry_bind(registry,$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#563: FILE: ui/wayland.c:299:
+^I                             id, &zwp_linux_dmabuf_v1_interface, 3);$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#564: FILE: ui/wayland.c:300:
+^Izwp_linux_dmabuf_v1_add_listener(d->dmabuf, &dmabuf_listener,$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#565: FILE: ui/wayland.c:301:
+^I                                 d);$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#593: FILE: ui/wayland.c:329:
+^Ierror_report("No zwp_linux_dmabuf global\n");$

ERROR: Error messages should not contain newlines
#593: FILE: ui/wayland.c:329:

#594: FILE: ui/wayland.c:330:
+^Iexit(1);$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#609: FILE: ui/wayland.c:345:
+^I                                                  window->surface);$

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#621: FILE: ui/wayland.c:357:
+^I                                        window->surface,$

ERROR: line over 90 characters
#622: FILE: ui/wayland.c:358:
+
ZWP_FULLSCREEN_SHELL_V1_PRESENT_METHOD_DEFAULT,

ERROR: code indent should never use tabs
#622: FILE: ui/wayland.c:358:
+^I^I

#623: FILE: ui/wayland.c:359:
+^I^I                                NULL);$

total: 27 errors, 2 warnings, 607 lines checked

Commit 547ce45b800d (ui: Add a plain Wayland backend for Qemu UI) has style
problems, please review.  If any of these errors
are false positives report them to the maintainer, see
CHECKPATCH in MAINTAINERS.
=== OUTPUT END ===

Test command exited with code: 1

The full log is available at