qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 30/43] vt82c686: Fix SMBus IO base and configuration registers

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: [PULL 30/43] vt82c686: Fix SMBus IO base and configuration registers
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 20:37:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 24 Jun 2021, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
Hi Zoltan,

From: BALATON Zoltan <balaton@eik.bme.hu>

The base address of the SMBus io ports and its enabled status is set
by registers in the PCI config space but this was not correctly
emulated. Instead the SMBus registers were mapped on realize to the
base address set by a property to the address expected by fuloong2e
firmware.

Fix the base and config register handling to more closely model
hardware which allows to remove the property and allows the guest to
control this mapping. Do all this in reset instead of realize so it's
correctly updated on reset.

This commit broken running PMON on Fuloong2E:
https://www.mail-archive.com/qemu-devel@nongnu.org/msg752605.html

By the way, I'm not sure I'm reading this test right but looks like the one which claims to test ati-vga has -vga std command line option that probably turns off ati-vga so maybe it does not really test it and the one which has no -vga option so could test ati-vga is not declaring it. Not sure it's a problem just something I've noticed.

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan