qemu-devel

Contributions: Adding New Devices

From: Federico Vaga
Subject: Contributions: Adding New Devices
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 16:01:02 +0200

Hello,

I can't find this information on the website, so here I am.

I developed a QEMU device that virtualises a PCI card that we widely use at
CERN.
But this card is only used at CERN.

Clearly, having CERN specific devices in QEMU does not help much the qemu
community, hence I maintain an internal QEMU fork.

But, I was wondering what is the QEMU policy about contributions that are known
to be
used only by a handful of people (one organization in this case)? Are they
accepted?

Second. Even if you will not accept such contribution, are you anyway open to
reviews?
I'm not QEMU expert, so it would be nice if someone can review what I wrote.

--
Federico Vaga