qemu-devel

Re: retrying failed gitlab CI external jobs (travis)

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: retrying failed gitlab CI external jobs (travis)
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 17:29:24 +0100

On Sat, 10 Jul 2021 at 14:34, Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:

> Hi; we now have travis's CI hooked into gitlab, which is nice. However,
> unlike the gitlab native CI jobs, there's no UI for saying "retry this"
> when the "travis CI" part of the overall gitlab pipeline fails.
> This is awkward because travis seems to be prone to intermittent failures.
> Is there any way we can make the jobs retryable?

Also on the subject of the external travis job, what determines
when it runs? I would expect it to be run always, but if you look
at https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/pipelines
you can see that it didn't get run for the pipeline for
staging commit fc32b91a. It's not just "doesn't run for staging"
because it did run in the pipeline for staging ebd1f710.

-- PMM