qemu-devel

Re: Error in accel/tcg?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Error in accel/tcg?
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 10:06:52 +0100

On Mon, 19 Jul 2021 at 23:20, Kenneth Adam Miller
<kennethadammiller@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I get the following error:
>
> <long cmd here> -c ../accel/tcg/cputlb.c
> ../qemu/accel/tcg/cputlb.c: In function 'tlb_flush_page_by_mmuidx':
> ../qemu/accel/tcg/cputlb.c:602:23: error: comparison is always true due to
> limited range of data type [-Werror=type-limits]
>     } else if (idxmap < TARGET_PAGE_SIZE) {
>
> I don't know why that suddenly shows up.

So, which target are you building for, which host, and which
compiler version? (TARGET_PAGE_SIZE gets a value that depends
on the TARGET_PAGE_BITS setting for the target.)

> In other parts of the code, I think somehow the meson build system
>is triggering errors for warnings

The QEMU build system defaults to warnings-are-errors when
building from git. You can turn this off by passing
configure '--disable-werror'. (Note that that's a bad idea if
you're working on the QEMU source code, because you want to
be able to see and fix the warnings in the code you're working on.)

thanks
-- PMM