qemu-devel

Re: [RFC 1/2] modules: Option to build native TCG with --enable-modules

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [RFC 1/2] modules: Option to build native TCG with --enable-modules
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 12:59:06 +0200

On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 06:28:18PM -0300, Jose R. Ziviani wrote:
> Adds an option (--enable-tcg-builtin) to build TCG natively when
> --enable-modules argument is passed to the build system. It gives
> the opportunity to have the accelerator built-in and still take
> advantage of the new modular system.

I think we should not special-case tcg here.  Either allow setting =y
for all modules with all the consequences this has for maintainance and
testing, or leave things as-is.

See also recent discussions kicked by Claudio Fontana.

take care,
  Gerd

PS: just back from vacation, wading backwards through
    my mail backlog ...).