|From:||Niteesh G. S.|
|Subject:||Re: [PATCH v2 0/6] python: AQMP-TUI Prototype|
|Date:||Wed, 21 Jul 2021 23:38:27 +0530|
On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 3:07 PM Niteesh G. S. <email@example.com> wrote:Hello all,UPDATE: The pipelines have run and all tests passed #336491916Usually, the pipelines start running as soon as I push my code. But thistime they took longer to start and there was no sign of starting. This is myfirst experience with pipelines so I assumed I messed up something frommy side.Thanks,Niteesh.On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 3:37 AM G S Niteesh Babu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:GitLab: https://gitlab.com/niteesh.gs/qemu/-/commits/aqmp-tui-prototype-v1/
Based-on: <email@example.com" target="_blank">firstname.lastname@example.org>
[PATCH 00/20] python: introduce Asynchronous QMP package
Updates in V2:
1) Moved loop related initialization to 'run' function in 'App' class
2) Added a module logger with support in TUI log messages.
3) Corrected usage of logging.info and logging.debug
4) Added an option in setup.cfg to silent pylint regarding duplicate-code
4) Modified the arguments list to the TUI
NOTE: I am not able to get the pipelines running after the v2 changes.
I was only able to test the changes locally using *make check*.
This patch series introduces AQMP-TUI prototype. This prototype has been
helpfull in letting us try out different ideas and giving some insights
into things that we had to take care of in the upcoming TUI. It was also
helpfull in finding out bugs in the AQMP library.
The intent for this patch series is to get comments on the architectural
design of the prototype. These comments will lay down the foundation for
the upcoming TUI.
G S Niteesh Babu (6):
python: disable pylint errors for aqmp-tui
python: Add dependencies for AQMP TUI
python/aqmp-tui: Add AQMP TUI draft
python: add optional pygments dependency
python/aqmp-tui: add syntax highlighting
python: add entry point for aqmp-tui
python/Pipfile.lock | 20 ++
python/qemu/aqmp/aqmp_tui.py | 342 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
python/setup.cfg | 36 +++-
3 files changed, 397 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
create mode 100644 python/qemu/aqmp/aqmp_tui.py
Thanks Niteesh, a few general comments that don't relate directly to the code:1. It would be nice to be able to highlight/copy-paste things out of the history window, I seemingly can't right now.
2. It would be nice if the mouse scroll wheel worked on the history panel.
3. A greeting message like the old qmp-shell might be nice to see. It would be good if it explained how to quit the program (esc, ctrl^c) and send messages (alt+enter).
4. Some control hints or reminder text in the footer might be nice, for how to quit, send a message, etc.
For the next revision, I may ask you to start looking into making sure that mypy and pylint pass without exemptions. Do the best you can, and get as far as you are able. You can leave the warnings disabled for V3, but I'd like you to start taking a look now so that you know where the trouble spots are.
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|