qemu-devel

RE: Question about delaying dirty log stop to next vm_start

From: Zhoujian (jay)
Subject: RE: Question about delaying dirty log stop to next vm_start
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 01:44:18 +0000

Hi Yi,

If the migration is successfully finished, the src VM should be destroyed.

If user inputs "quit" in qemu monitor after migration completes, the VM is still
paused(vcpu is stopped), dirty log takes no effect; if the migration failed,
the dirty log
stop can be executed after src VM started.

Thanks,
Jay Zhou