qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 02/11] gitlab: skip many more targets in windows cross builds

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [PULL 02/11] gitlab: skip many more targets in windows cross builds
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 16:47:22 +0100

On Sat, 14 Aug 2021 at 07:10, Thomas Huth <thuth@redhat.com> wrote:

> From: Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange@redhat.com>
>
> The windows cross builds still take way too long in gitlab CI, so need
> more targets to be skipped. We don't want to hurt coverage of other
> cross builds more though, so we let jobs fine tune with a new env
> variale $CROSS_SKIP_TARGETS.
>
> We take the set of targets that are considered relatively niche or
> very old architectures, and skip approx half of them in win32 builds
> and the other half of them in win64.

I think this pullreq is an improvement on the current situation,
so I'm planning to apply it since we need an rc4 anyway, but
after we reopen for 6.2 I think we might want to reconsider
this one. The Windows builds are pretty good at flagging up
nonportabilities because the host OS is so different, so
I'd rather we covered the whole codebase with both win32 and
win64 rather than doing only half with each.

thanks
-- PMM