qemu-devel

Re: QEMU | Heap-use-after-free through ehci_flush_qh (#541)

From: Alexander Bulekov
Subject: Re: QEMU | Heap-use-after-free through ehci_flush_qh (#541)
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 04:14:03 -0400

I'm not sure I understand. We try to avoid writing to MMIO regions in
fuzz_dma_read_cb to avoid such false-positives. E.g. that's why we have
code to do address_space_translate and manually walk the AddressSpace
and verify that we are writing to RAM, before doing the actual
qtest_memwrite. There is a fix to that code that need to be applied, but
those have to wait for the 6.1 release. BTW, since this is about the
generic-fuzzer rather than this bug, I cc-ed qemu-devel. Let's continue
the discussion there.

-Alex