qemu-devel

RE: Virtualizing HP PA-RISC unix station other than B160L

From: thierry.briot
Subject: RE: Virtualizing HP PA-RISC unix station other than B160L
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 00:38:16 +0200

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your answers.

First of all, I made a mistake : the HP-UX 10.20 kernel (vmunix) is in the /stand (not /boot) filesystem.

I tried replacing /stand of the physical machine iso image with the /stand filesytem of the emulated B160L because I supposed that drivers are linked with the vmunix kernel. Maybe it's false.

Furthermore, the /dev tree is important for dealing with the drivers.

I will continue to search for which files are hardware related. Maybe someone has done this research before ?

Best regards,

Thierry