qemu-devel

Re: [RFC v3 13/32] rust: use vendored-sources

From: Marc-André Lureau
Subject: Re: [RFC v3 13/32] rust: use vendored-sources
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 20:34:31 +0400

Hi

On Wed, Sep 8, 2021 at 8:29 PM Ian Jackson <iwj@xenproject.org> wrote:
Marc-André Lureau writes ("Re: [RFC v3 13/32] rust: use vendored-sources"):
> You can start by reading `cargo doc -p common --open`. The generated
> code needs some environment variables set, so `cargo doc -p qga`
> will fail unless you set the environment variable
>
> MESON_BUILD_ROOT=`pwd` cargo doc -p qga --open --document-private-items

Thanks.  I did this (and your rune from bofere) and I have the docs
open.

I wasn't quite sure where to start.  I didn't see where the
entrypoints were.  I did find

 .../target/doc/qga/qmp/fn.qmp_guest_set_vcpus.html

which err, doesn't look like the kind of safe api I was hoping to
find.

Yes, this is the shim to provide a C ABI QMP handler from Rust. This is where all the FFI<->Rust conversion takes place.

The "safe" code is qga/qmp/vcpus.rs. However, there is no documentation there, since it's not meant to be the public interface. It's documented with the QAPI schema.

--
Marc-André Lureau