qemu-devel

RE: virtio-gpu: Get FD for texture

From: Kasireddy, Vivek
Subject: RE: virtio-gpu: Get FD for texture
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 23:32:12 +0000

Hi Antonio,

> I am starting to believe that the error is due to the fact that no EGLContext
> is active on the
[Kasireddy, Vivek] Which UI module (and Host environment) are you testing with?
gtk? egl-headless? Could you please provide more details about the environment
and
the use-case?

> Trying to call eglMakeCurrent within this thread gives me an EGL_BAD_ACCESS
> error
> as the EGLContext associated to the GL texture belongs to a different thread.
[Kasireddy, Vivek] IIUC, contexts can only be bound to one thread at a time. So
you either
need to release the context in the other thread (eglMakeCurrent(NULL, NULL)
before making
it current in your current thread or create a shared context between both the
threads to be able
to share textures.

Thanks,
Vivek