qemu-devel

Re: TCG Floating Point Support (Work in Progress)

From: Matt
Subject: Re: TCG Floating Point Support (Work in Progress)
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 00:30:55 -0700

Clarification: In my previous message, I talked a lot about x87
emulation; I want to make clear that x87 is merely my motivator. The
eventual goal of this TCG FP support is not only to enable fast x87
emulation, but to be generic and robust enough that other QEMU targets
could be modified to utilize it for accelerated floating point
emulation, and be able to be implemented for various TCG targets where
possible, with x86-64 and AArch64 being my priorities.

Thanks,
Matt