qemu-devel

Re: Artificially target-dependend compiles

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: Artificially target-dependend compiles
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 17:23:42 +0100

On 11/8/21 16:38, Thomas Huth wrote:

Hmm, we used to have a config-all-devices.mak file in the past (see commit a98006bc798169e which removed it), maybe we could re-introduce something similar again, but producing a config-all.h header file instead? So that this header file contains switches like CONFIG_ANY_ACPI_VMGENID and CONFIG_ANY_ROCKER that are set if any of the targets uses the device ... and these switches would not get poisoned in common code... ?

That would work, however the schema would still not provide any more information than it currently does.

Paolo