qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 0/5] Python patches

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [PULL 0/5] Python patches
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 07:45:34 +0100

  Hi,

> - Split python/qemu/qmp out into its own repository and begin uploading it
> to PyPI, as a test. (Do not delete python/qemu/qmp yet at this phase.)

I think you can do that as two separate steps.

pip can install from vcs too, i.e. when splitted to a separate repo but
not yet uploaded to pypi you can simply drop something like ...

        git+https://gitlab.com/qemu/qemu-python.git@master

... into pip-requirements.txt.  That way you can easily test things
before actually uploading to pypi.

take care,
  Gerd