qemu-devel

Re: Follow-up on the CXL discussion at OFTC

From: Ben Widawsky
Subject: Re: Follow-up on the CXL discussion at OFTC
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 19:25:41 -0800

On 21-11-19 02:29:51, Shreyas Shah wrote:
> Hi Ben
>
> Are you planning to add the CXL2.0 switch inside QEMU or already added in one
> of the version?
>

>From me, there are no plans for QEMU anything until/unless upstream thinks it
will merge the existing patches, or provide feedback as to what it would take to
get them merged. If upstream doesn't see a point in these patches, then I really
don't see much value in continuing to further them. Once hardware comes out, the
value proposition is certainly less.

Having said that, once I get the port/region patches merged for the Linux
driver, I do intend to go back and try to implement a basic switch so that we
can test those flows.

I admit, I'm curious why you're interested in switches.