qemu-devel

Give the fosshost.org VM a purpose or a retirement

From: Cleber Rosa
Subject: Give the fosshost.org VM a purpose or a retirement
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 09:16:05 -0500

Hi,

Fosshost.org was kind enough to supply the QEMU project with a public
VM hosted by them.  The original use case we anticipated was to set up
a GitLab CI runner, because we assumed the VM was KVM capable, but
that turned out not to be the case.

So, at this point, adding it as a GitLab CI runner would not add any
significant improvement over the shared runners already provided, and
it would require more maintenance effort.

If there are any ideas for making use of this resource, and volunteers
to configure and maintain it, please let me know.

Otherwise, it seems fair to relinquish the resource back to Fosshost.org.

This is also related to: https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu-web/-/issues/2

Thanks,
- Cleber.