qemu-devel

Re: cirrus-ci: FreeBSD failure (lttng-ust package not found)

From: Warner Losh
Subject: Re: cirrus-ci: FreeBSD failure (lttng-ust package not found)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 08:22:10 -0700

On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 6:49 AM Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange@redhat.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 02:11:14PM +0100, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> I am getting this failure for the x64-freebsd-*-build jobs [1, 2]:
>
> pkg: No packages available to install matching 'lttng-ust' have been
> found in the repositories

It was being installed fine on FreeBSD 13 as recently as 5
days ago

  https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/1944746050

but then disappeared from FreeBSD 13 four days ago

  https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/1949284897

and then disappeared from FreeBSD 12 yesterday

  https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/1958443678

Looking back at the older working builds I see

[quote]
==>   NOTICE:

The lttng-ust port currently does not have a maintainer. As a result, it is
more likely to have unresolved issues, not be up-to-date, or even be removed in
the future. To volunteer to maintain this port, please create an issue at:

https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla
[/quote]

I notice last year they marked it broken in >= 13:

  https://cgit.freebsd.org/ports/commit/?id=abe5fefed2e24ef43a890f4d50ba712c581c7cfe

Overall it feels like we probably just need to drop this package
from the build on FreeBSD

lttng-tools was marked broken. lttng-ust isn't marked broken, but seems to have failed to
build in the last package run. I'm trying to track down the details.

Warner