qemu-devel

Re: [RFC qemu.qmp PATCH 00/24] Python: Fork qemu.qmp Python lib into ind

From: John Snow
Subject: Re: [RFC qemu.qmp PATCH 00/24] Python: Fork qemu.qmp Python lib into independent repo
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 16:41:48 -0500

On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 5:41 AM Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 04:06:10PM -0500, John Snow wrote:

> > (2) To ask for permission to become the maintainer of a
> > 'qemu-project/qemu.qmp' repository, where I would like to host this
> > subproject.
>
> I'd say we need 3 designated maintainers as a minimum for redundancy.

Let's see how many people we can get to volunteer. If it's part of the
qemu-project umbrella, I assume anyone with access to the entire
project as a whole can step in and re-assign permissions and do
emergency actions as needed, including stsquad, stefanha, etc. That
ought to be enough to get moving. If we want to add anyone for
operational redundancy, I'd be happy to add as many people that
volunteer :)

So: any volunteers? Cleber, Beraldo, Wainer? Anyone else?

I anticipate this to be extremely low traffic after the churn of
splitting it out is done with, it shouldn't be a big daily cost -- but
having some familiarity with the code would be good in case you need
to accept some urgent patches here and there.

--js