qemu-devel

Re: ppc pbr403 vmstate

From: Cédric Le Goater
Subject: Re: ppc pbr403 vmstate
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 10:11:01 +0100

On 1/17/22 21:40, Peter Maydell wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 at 05:52, David Gibson <david@gibson.dropbear.id.au> wrote:
It is also touched in the *super* old cpu_load_old.  I suspect we
could probably just drop that completely, since I don't think we
realistically support migration from a version that old anyway.

This would be a nice thing to do, because the PPC CPU is the
only remaining in-tree user of the .load_state_old migration
hook, so if we declared that we don't support migrating from
those old versions of QEMU (1.5 and earlier, I think) then we
could delete the .load_state_old and .minimum_version_id_old
handling completely.

yes. It should be fine for PPC.

Thanks,

C.