qemu-devel

KVM call minutes for 2022-01-25

From: Juan Quintela
Subject: KVM call minutes for 2022-01-25
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 17:39:15 +0100

Hi

Today we have the KVM devel call.  We discussed how to create machines
from QMP without needing to recompile QEMU.

Three different problems:
- startup QMP (*)
  not discussed today
- one binary or two
  not discussed today
- being able to create machines dynamically.
  everybody agrees that we want this. Problem is how.
- current greensocs approach
- interested for all architectures, they need a couple of them

what greensocs have:
- python program that is able to read a blob that have a device tree from the
blob
- basically the machine type is empty and is configured from there
- 100 machines around 400 devices models
- Need to do the configuration before the machine construction happens
- different hotplug/coldplug
- How to describe devices that have multiple connections

As the discussion is quite complicated, here is the recording of it.

Later, Juan.

https://redhat.bluejeans.com/m/TFyaUsLqt3T/?share=True

*: We will talk about this on the next call