qemu-devel

iotests failure on netbsd VM, no useful errors logged

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: iotests failure on netbsd VM, no useful errors logged
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 14:19:00 +0000

Hi; I see an iotests error running 'make vm-build-netbsd' (ie running
a build and make check on a NetBSD VM), but there is no indication
of what's actually failing. Same thing seems to happen on OpenBSD too.

Full logfile at https://people.linaro.org/~peter.maydell/netbsd-log.txt ;
here's the relevant section:

===begin===
▶ 1/1 qcow2 qsd-jobs                OK
1/1 qemu:block / qemu-iotests qcow2 ERROR          227.62s   exit status 1

Summary of Failures:

1/1 qemu:block / qemu-iotests qcow2 ERROR          227.62s   exit status 1

Ok:                 0
Expected Fail:      0
Fail:               1
Unexpected Pass:    0
Skipped:            0
Timeout:            0

Full log written to /home/qemu/qemu-test.z9hOGs/build/meson-logs/iotestslog.txt
===endit===

Would somebody like to investigate ? I'm not sure if this is an intermittent,
or a new persistent failure that I let slip into the tree by accident.

thanks
-- PMM