qemu-devel

Adding a 'qemu.qmp' repository to gitlab.com/qemu-project/

From: John Snow
Subject: Adding a 'qemu.qmp' repository to gitlab.com/qemu-project/
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 14:46:57 -0500

Hi Peter:

I am working my way towards splitting the QMP library out of the
qemu.git source tree. I'd like to ask for permission to:

(1) Create a "qemu.qmp" repository under the qemu-project umbrella on GitLab
(2) Add Cleber Rosa and myself as maintainers of this repository. (In
discussion, Dan Berrange suggested a third maintainer for redundancy,
but nobody from outside of RH has yet volunteered. The offer stands,
but I have to press on in the meantime.)

The initial patches that set up the new repository are not yet
finalized and are still under review/development (on the qemu-devel
list, as normal), but I wanted to reach out and directly ask if you
have any objections to this plan so I can adjust the trajectory of my
work if necessary.

In short, the plan is to publish the QMP library as its own
mini-project published to the Python package repository, and take
patches via GitLab merge requests.

Thanks,
--js