qemu-devel

Re: QEMU's Haiku CI image

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: QEMU's Haiku CI image
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 17:32:25 +0100

On 16/02/2022 16.52, Alexander von Gluck IV wrote:
February 16, 2022 6:31 AM, "Thomas Huth" <thuth@redhat.com> wrote:

while researching the different "sed" options on our supported build platform
today, I started
"make vm-build-haiku.x86_64" in my QEMU build directory for the first time
since many months again.
And I had to discover that this is completely out of date. The image does not
contain any version
of Python 3 yet which we require for compilation since more than a year now
already, and the Haiku
version in there seems to be too old to do a "pkgman install -y python3" ... so
this has been
completely been bitrotting since more than a year now. Is anybody still
interested in keeping the
Haiku support in QEMU? If so, please help to get the VM image updated. Thanks!

I submitted
20220216154208.2985103-1-kallisti5@unixzen.com/">https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/qemu-devel/patch/20220216154208.2985103-1-kallisti5@unixzen.com/
to fix this issue.  The build runs as expected after that patchset.

Likely cause is us no longer packing a "python" binary, deferring to "python2" vs
"python3"

I'm still the most likely maintainer.  Are there still plans to automate the
tests for Haiku to
prevent this from happening again in the future?

AFAIK we still don't have a machine where we could properly run VM-based tests in the CI, do we? Peter? Cleber?

I recently added NetBSD and OpenBSD via KVM on Cirrus to the gitlab-CI :

 https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/commit/f11b0a4892ae22b872

But the jobs are marked as "manual" since the setup is rather fragile. We could still at least try to add a job like this for Haiku, too, so that it's at least semi-integrated into our CI setup?

 Thomas