qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 0/6] OpenRISC DTS Generation patches for 7.0

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [PULL 0/6] OpenRISC DTS Generation patches for 7.0
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 13:52:52 +0000

On Fri, 25 Feb 2022 at 09:19, Stafford Horne <shorne@gmail.com> wrote:

> The following changes since commit 4aa2e497a98bafe962e72997f67a369e4b52d9c1:
>
>   Merge remote-tracking branch
> 'remotes/berrange-gitlab/tags/misc-next-pull-request' into staging
> (2022-02-23 09:25:05 +0000)
>
> are available in the Git repository at:
>
>   git://github.com/stffrdhrn/qemu.git tags/or1k-pull-request
>
> for you to fetch changes up to 94c71f14e9ca15ede4172e0826d690b15069a7f8:
>
>   hw/openrisc/openrisc_sim: Add support for initrd loading (2022-02-25
> 15:42:23 +0900)

> OpenRISC patches
>
>  - Add automatic DTS generation to openrisc_sim

> Stafford Horne (6):
>       hw/openrisc/openrisc_sim: Create machine state for or1ksim
>       hw/openrisc/openrisc_sim: Parameterize initialization
>       hw/openrisc/openrisc_sim: Use IRQ splitter when connecting UART
>       hw/openrisc/openrisc_sim: Increase max_cpus to 4
>       hw/openrisc/openrisc_sim: Add automatic device tree generation
>       hw/openrisc/openrisc_sim: Add support for initrd loading

Hi; this fails to build on various CI configs, eg:
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/2137393314
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/2137393335

../hw/openrisc/openrisc_sim.c:40:10: fatal error: libfdt.h: No such
file or directory
40 | #include <libfdt.h>

This happens because meson doesn't put the include path for libfdt
on the include path for every .c file -- you have to do something
special in the meson.build file for the files that include it.
Paolo can tell you what that is, I expect.

Paolo: are we going to be able to stop doing this at some point
and get meson to just DTRT and put includes on the path for
every C file ?

thanks
-- PMM