qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 00/23] QEMU changes for 7.0 soft freeze

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [PULL 00/23] QEMU changes for 7.0 soft freeze
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 17:07:29 +0100

On 3/9/22 10:46, Thomas Huth wrote:

That one also drops the progress report of non-failed tests, so I'm not sure it's an improvement.

That only works here anyway if I don't run "make check" with the "-jX" option ... which I hardly do, since it then takes forever to finish the testing. So at least for me that's not really a reason.

The point of having a separate "make check-block" was to have the progress report ("--verbose --num-processes 1" gives the progress report, the same with --print-errorlogs doesn't).

Ok ... could you maybe ask the meson folks to include the fix in the upcoming
stable releases?

Did it, hopefully will be in 0.61.3.

... the meson master branch has been switched to Python 3.7 already,
but AFAIU we still target Python 3.6 in QEMU, so I'm not sure whether
we will be able to jump on the next main release with QEMU... we
might need to stick with a 0.61.x release for a while in the future?
3.6 was EOL'd in December, so I expect that QEMU will bump the requirement sometime this year too.

Paolo