qemu-devel

Re: How to backtrace an separate stack?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: How to backtrace an separate stack?
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 15:13:08 -0600

>> You can play with this if you want.  It's on 'submit/green-threads' on
>> my github.  Be warned that I rebase a lot.

Stefan> This looks cool! Would it be useful to see a port of QEMU's coroutine.py
Stefan> script to your green threads API?

Wouldn't hurt :)

Stefan> QEMU's coroutines aren't in a scheduler list so there is no way to
Stefan> enumerate all coroutines. The Python script can register a GDB command
Stefan> (e.g. "qemu coroutine 0x12345678") that makes GDB aware of the
Stefan> coroutine.

On the one hand, maybe this means the model is wrong.

On the other, I suppose qemu could also have a new command to create a
temporary "thread", given a ucontext_t (or whatever), and switch to it.
Then when the user "continue"s, the thread could be deleted again.

Tom