qemu-devel

Address mapping for vIOMMU

From: leohou
Subject: Address mapping for vIOMMU
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 11:58:28 +0800 (CST)

hi all,
When I use DPDK in guestOS  and  configering the VM with vIOMMU, I found that  sending the gVA to the hardware device , the hardware device can't  find the real data.
But sending the gPA to the hardware device, the hardware device can  find the real data.

Environment:
OS: Linux version 5.4.0-104-generic (buildd@ubuntu) (gcc version 9.3.0 (Ubuntu 9.3.0-17ubuntu1~20.04)) #118-Ubuntu SMP Wed Mar 2 19:02:41 UTC 2022
QEMU: QEMU emulator version 4.2.1 (Debian 1:4.2-3ubuntu6.21)
Device: virtio-net

Question:
The vIOMMU doesn't work?
I know virtio-net does not have DMA, so when virtio-net and DPDK are combined, IOMMU is not needed?