qemu-devel

Re: Procedures adding new CPUs in sbsa-ref

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Procedures adding new CPUs in sbsa-ref
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 16:03:55 +0100

On Fri, 8 Apr 2022 at 15:59, Itaru Kitayama <itaru.kitayama@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to add a64fx cpu to the sbsa-ref board, if there's a quick and dirty
> way of completing that, advice from the  maintainers is greatly appreciated.

I have cc'd the sbsa-ref maintainers (as listed in the MAINTAINERS file).

However, I'm not sure why you want to add the a64fx CPU to this
board model? The sbsa-ref board is intended as a platform for
developing firmware that runs on Server Base System Architecture
hardware, so it deliberately doesn't have support for every CPU
type QEMU implements.

thanks
-- PMM