qemu-devel

Re: VIRTIO_NET_F_MTU not negotiated

From: Eugenio Perez Martin
Subject: Re: VIRTIO_NET_F_MTU not negotiated
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 12:02:30 +0200

On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 7:51 AM Jason Wang <jasowang@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 1:39 PM Eli Cohen <elic@nvidia.com> wrote:

Maybe we can be less strict? Since config space mtu is the maximum
value accepted by the device.

So the case of setting mtu=9000 by cli while the device mtu is 1500
should fail, but not the reverse one. To set a cli mtu <= device mtu
should work in my opinion.

If libvirt has the knowledge to set max mtu properly, it can do so. If
not (or not using libvirt), it should be possible to pass the device's
one.

Other features may need to do the same.

Thanks!