qemu-devel

Integrating with new Intel DSA hardware offloading

From: Hao Xiang .
Subject: Integrating with new Intel DSA hardware offloading
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 10:59:30 -0800

Hi everyone,

I am looking into using the new Data Streaming Accelerator (DSA)
hardware acceleration feature built into the Intel Sapphire Rapids
system. One of the scenarios I am investigating is the QEMU live
migration feature. I noticed that during live migration, there is
pretty busy work checking zero memory page (memory comparison),
creating diff records between the previous and current state of a RAM
page (xbzrle) and just general memory page copying. These seem to be
very good fit for DSA offloading. I am wondering if there is any
ongoing work for that in the community?

Thanks, Hao