qemu-devel

Announcement of aborting HAXM maintenance

From: Wang, Wenchao
Subject: Announcement of aborting HAXM maintenance
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 03:56:04 +0000

Hi, Philippe,

Intel decided to abort the development of HAXM and the maintenance of its QEMU part. Should we submit a patch to mark the Guest CPU Cores (HAXM) status as Orphan and remove the maintainers from the corresponding list? Meanwhile, should the code enabling HAX in QEMU once committed by the community be retained?

You may ignore the patch I submitted two months ago. Please do not merge it into QEMU. The HAXM final release can support any QEMU version, and the functionality of the current software are normally available without known security vulnerabilities. Thanks for your support.

Best Regards,

Wenchao