qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 00/17] Net patches

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [PULL 00/17] Net patches
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 07:19:45 -0400

Hi Ilya and Jason,
There is a CI failure related to a missing Debian libxdp-dev package:
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/5046139967

I think the issue is that the debian-amd64 container image that QEMU
uses for testing is based on Debian 11 ("bullseye" aka "oldstable")
and libxdp is not available on that release:
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libxdp&searchon=names&suite=oldstable&section=all

If we need to support Debian 11 CI then either XDP could be disabled
for that distro or libxdp could be compiled from source.

I have CCed Daniel Berrangé, because I think he knows how lcitool and
QEMU's minimum distro requirements work. Maybe he can suggest a way
forward.

Thanks,
Stefan