Re: [Qemu-discuss] Log virtual time with instruction trace

From: Dale R. Worley
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Log virtual time with instruction trace
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2015 15:06:41 -0400

"web" <address@hidden> writes:
> I need to record the instruction trace and registers status with
> virtual time in log. For now, I can easily get the instruction trace
> and registers status with '-d cpu, exec, in_asm -singlestep'
> options.
> But how can I get the virtual time with each instruction retire?

How do you define "virtual time"?  For compute-bound processes, time
depends on the presumed execution time of each instruction.  But
instructions execute in different amounts of time depending on the
computational context and the hardware that you are simulating.

If the program on the guest controls itself based on the guest's
real-time clock, then you could modify the guest program to output some
sort of timing mark into the stream capturing the instruction trace.

Dale