Re: [Qemu-discuss] Booting GUI ubuntu VM on Aarch64

From: Alexander Spyridakis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Booting GUI ubuntu VM on Aarch64
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 16:35:49 +0100

On 15 February 2016 at 16:14, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
On 15 February 2016 at 15:07, Alexander Spyridakis
<address@hidden> wrote:
> For that model you need a kernel with the HDLCD driver (PL111)

The HDLCD and PL111 are two totally different framebuffer devices.
HDLCD supports HD resolution, as the name suggests; PL111 is the
older and simpler device. (There's no QEMU model of the HDLCD.)

My bad then, I was under the impression that the names could be used interchangeably, probably confused with PL110 vs PL111.